Rock Oyster Festival is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion and accessibility. Although we are a small festival we wish to create an environment that is welcoming and respectful to those with accessibility needs.
If you have any queries about accessibility at the festival or would just like to talk to us please contact email@example.com
We aim to respond to queries within 48 hours during business hours.
What you need to know: Dinham House is the proud home of Rock Oyster Festival. It is a wonderful green field space but is firstly a family home. The terrain is mixed and rarely flat, with grass fields, sandy outcrops and the tidal creek shapes the shoreline. We are open to all the elements and there will be little tented cover.
What we need to know: We need you to let us know if you need to book a carer ticket, accessible parking, camping, support dog or onsite welfare (such as battery charging or medicine storage). Please email the team and they will send you a form to record your requirements or fill out the form here. We may politely ask for evidence of requirements.
What we are doing to provide an accessible festival in 2022:
- We have dedicated accessibility parking which is directly opposite the festival entrance, this will need to be pre-booked.
- For weekend ticket holders, we have a dedicated accessibility camping area, which is close to both the parking area and the festival site entrance. No power is provided. This pitch size is 7x5m. Limited live-in vehicle pitches are available at 8x6m. This will need to be pre-booked. Pitch sizes must include any awnings.
- We have dedicated accessibility parking which is sited as close as possible to the festival entrance.
- For weekend camping ticket holders, we have a dedicated accessibility camping area, which is close to both the accessible parking area and the festival site entrance. No power is provided. Cars parked in accessible parking can only be moved during the event with permission from the event. Accessible camping pitch size is 7x5m. Limited live-in vehicle pitches are available at 8x6m. This will need to be pre-booked. Pitch sizes must include any awnings. An accessible shower and toilet is available within this camping area.
- We provide one free carer/PA ticket to those who require it. Please get in touch to request this.
- We have dedicated accessibility temporary toilets and one shower on site, these will be locked and you will be provided with the code on arrival.
- We welcome registered ADUK assistance dogs but we do need to know that they are coming and we can not provide any additional welfare facilities for them.
- There will be a charging point for any essential medical equipment on request.
- You can request cold and secure storage of essential medicines and will be available 24 hours.
- The main event bar (in the Camel Inn) will have a clearly marked wheelchair accessible serving area.
- We will ensure the festival team are well briefed, sensitive and proactive to support all attendees.
- We can arrange some assistance with putting up tents, this will be limited and will need to be pre-booked.
- A highly professional medical and welfare team will be onsite 24 hours a day.
- The site has some quieter areas away from the noise of the main arena.
- Our downloadable site map (link) that can be saved and printed at home in large scale if required, we reserve the right to change the site lay out.
Due to our size and our site layout we sadly can not currently provide:
- A dedicated accessibility viewing area
- This is a green field site which has multiple terrains and some steep inclines, we can not promise the site and all activities will be fully accessible
- Any captions for any of the demonstrations, activities or music performances
- A strobe free event site