Rock Oyster is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion and accessibility. Although we are a small festival we wish to create an environment that is welcoming and respectful to those with accessibility needs.
If you have any queries about accessibility at the festival or would just like to talk to us please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond to queries within 72 hours during business hours.
What you need to know: Dinham House is the proud home of Rock Oyster. It is a wonderful green field space but is firstly a family home. The terrain is mixed and rarely flat, with grass fields, sandy outcrops and the tidal creek shapes the shoreline. We are open to all the elements and there is little tented cover. The area previously called ‘creekside’ is not accessible to those with mobility issues as it is a 10 minute walk which is currently not wheelchair friendly. Accessible camping is situated very close to the festival entrance but not within the arena areas as in previous years. Sadly, there is no accessible shower provision within glamping.
What we need to know: We need you to let us know if you need to book a carer ticket, accessible parking, camping, support dog or onsite welfare (such as battery charging or medicine storage). Please fill out the form here after you have purchased your tickets. We may politely ask for evidence of requirements. If you request a PA ticket, once confirmed, we will send this a couple of weeks prior to the event via email.
What we are doing to provide an accessible festival in 2023:
- We have dedicated accessibility parking which is directly opposite the festival entrance, this will need to be pre-booked via the form.
- For weekend ticket holders, we have a dedicated accessibility camping area, which is close to both the parking area and the festival site entrance. No power is provided. This pitch size is 7x5m. Limited live-in vehicle pitches are available at 8x6m. This will need to be pre-booked. Pitch sizes must include any awnings. We will provide accessible toilet and shower to be used be those in accessible camping only.
- We have dedicated accessibility parking which is sited as close as possible to the festival entrance. Transport support to the main site can be provided onsite via the kind support of Devon and Cornwall 4×4.
- For weekend camping ticket holders, we have a dedicated accessibility camping area, which is close to both the accessible parking area and the festival site entrance. No power is provided. Cars parked in accessible parking can only be moved during the event with permission from the event. Accessible camping pitch size is 7x5m. Limited live-in vehicle pitches are available at 8x6m. This will need to be pre-booked. Pitch sizes must include any awnings. An accessible shower and toilet is available within this camping area.
- We provide one free carer/PA ticket to those who require it- requested via the form.
- We have dedicated accessibility temporary toilets and one shower on site, these will be locked and you will be provided with the code on arrival.
- We welcome registered ADUK assistance dogs but we do need to know that they are coming and we can not provide any additional welfare facilities for them.
- There will be a charging point for any essential medical equipment on request.
- You can request cold and secure storage of essential medicines and will be available 24 hours.
- We will ensure the festival team are well briefed, sensitive and proactive to support all attendees.
- We can arrange some assistance with putting up tents, this will be limited and will need to be pre-booked.
- A highly professional medical and welfare team will be onsite 24 hours a day.
- The site has some quieter areas away from the noise of the main arena.
Due to our size and our site layout we sadly can not currently provide:
- A dedicated accessibility viewing area
- This is a green field site which has multiple terrains and some steep inclines, we can not promise the site and all activities will be fully accessible
- Any captions for any of the demonstrations, activities or music performances
- A strobe free event site